Indigo East is creating Art | Books | Music | Plushies | Videos | Teaching 日本語|+MORE
And, hello to you, friend! My name is Indigo East~! I’d like to start off by thanking you for visiting! Come on in! Have a seat, have a seat~ We have much to discuss~ It’s been a while! Or, maybe we’ve never met? You must have many questions.
‘Who do you think you are…’
They call me an artist~! I draw and paint, but not so fast! I can do more than that. I sew custom plushies; I paint realistic portraits; I draw cartoons; I write and illustratebilingual, Japanese and English children’s books (like the Sushi Chef Neko Series); I create animations (like Kiki + Koko: Let’s NihonGO!); I produce original music (such as the background music of every single one of my videos as well as an album I’m working on); I write lyrics; I play saxophone, erhu, guitar, keyboard, ukulele, dizi, violin, stylophone, melodica, and… well, nearly any instrument I spend some time with… But, yeah, I produce, art, music, videos, and MORE!
‘What…What gives you the right…?’
My poorly executed references aside… I studied education and psychology after studying art and design as well as theatre. I currently design for a few select art and apparel sites such as Redbubble, Design by Humans, and Society6. I run wakuwakuWorkshoppe on Etsy where I sew custom plushies and Special Lucky Embroidery (patches). I’ve played saxophone in jazz clubs—I’ve tutored for Japanese language as well as acted as Assistant
to the Professor of Japanese language studies at university.
And, I know sometimes people get out-of-touch with learning languages, so I started learning Swedish for fun to get the feeling of learning a language for the first time… Whether or not knowing intermediate Swedish helps teach Japanese…I’ll save that for another article, but it sort of helps get a new perspective… But, it does help to know hip 70s and 90s Japanese slang…アン信じられラブルなぁ・・・
‘What is this? (And why?)’
THIS, my friend, is a beautiful place called Patreon. All of the things I listed at the beginning? Paintings, drawings, books, music, videos, animations…? I want to give them ALL to you!! I have so much to offer, each of which I’m equally enthusiastically passionate about, and I spend every moment of every day being productive. While I always love working with individual clients— and it’s what keeps me going every day— I want to expand to do things that everyone can enjoy — whilst still doing what I love, of course.
While I’d love to simply choose to give more time to more projects, on Earth, there’s bills. There’s the rent in order to have a place to create; there’s the lights to see inside of that shelter where you create; electricity for computers and machinery, food and water to fuel that creating… So, each moment of the day takes money. Whether or not we like to think of it that way, time is money. And, other projects quite literally require money, of course, such as supplies, equipment, publishing (books), and releasing (albums).
But, non-non-non~ Joining Patreon is much more than just the basics, my friend-o! This is a community! This is exclusive content that you cannot see anywhere else. But, what am I talking about? Oh, yes. It’s the next header.
‘As a Patron, get special secret PRIZES and EXCLUSIVE content!?’
Oh-ho-ho… These creations… not an eye but mine own hath looked upon them, not an ear has heard them. This is the power of the Patreon feed. As you rise in the ranks as a patron, you won’t believe your eyes and ears .. (not in any particular order) Depending on your rank, you can receive:
- Exclusive Downloads!!
- It could be anything from exclusive mp3s to wallpapers.
- Exclusive Sketches and Drawings!!
- I do a lot of planning sketches and even storyboards~ There’s even storyboards and sketches that never see the light of day as a full-fledged work, or I end up changing something—You will get to see what no one would ever see.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes Photos and MORE!!
- Are there any wakuwakuWorkshoppe plushies you’ve seen the sketches for and wondered “where are they now…?” Well, you’ll get the commissioner’s treatment with exclusive photos—some not even seen by the commissioners themselves! because they’ll get to see the plush in person, but it will feel like you have, too!
- And, anything from in-progress drawings or scripts to plushies and more! You’ll see what no one would EVER see!… Well, unless it’s something in-progress that’ll become a finished work, of course… But, even then, you’ll see everything first!
NEW Added Benefits (2019):
- NEW Printable Worksheets and Vocabulary Lists!
- I’ll try my best to have these for each episode! I’ll definitely try to add fun extras as well~
- NEW: Transcripts of Kiki + Koko Episodes
- These will be more than mere transcripts, they’ll have translations, hiragana, roumaji– it’s going to get interesting!
- NEW: Worksheet grades and special questions
- If you’re on a certain tier, you’ll have your worksheets from episodes hand-graded– err.. paw-graded by Kiki and/or Koko! You can save paper and write on them using a touch-screen, or if you print them, you can scan and send them to me, and I’ll get them to Kiki and Koko right away for grading. And, you can ask them a question about anything– most usefully Japanese, but anything decent enough that you’d be willing to ask your grandmum
The BEST part about joining this Patreon is that it’s like a special lucky toy box of content and prizes! It’s so much variety! And, better than that, you’ll have my undying gratitude and dedication. Seriously, you’ll be the lifeblood of anything created here~ That’s something to be really proud of! I want to be able to give my all for you guys, full time. Whether you’re a Basic Daytripper or an Alien Overlord, you’ll be part of it all, making it all happen!